Vol. 16 : No. 3< >
Editor's Note: Listservs provide an abundance of useful information for producers and consumers of distance learning. This information on "Student Perspectives" was recommended by Calli Shelton on Mon, 18 Feb 2002 on the DEOS Listserv. These resources provide insight and dimension to each side of the distance learning triangle - students, teachers, and designers.
1. "Persistence in Distance Education," Peter Cookson, http://wbweb4.worldbank.org/DistEd/Teaching/Design/kn-01.html
2. "A Study of Variables that Predict Dropout from Distance Education," Angie Parker, Gonzaga University, http://www.outreach.uiuc.edu/ijet/v1n2/parker/
3. "Student Support Online Through Thoughtful Course Design," Cheryl White, Grant MacEwan College, http://as1.ipfw.edu/2000tohe/papers/white/index.htm
4. "How to Keep E-Learners From E-scaping," eLITE Think Tank
5. "As Distance Education Comes of Age, the Challenge Is Keeping the Students," by Sarah Carr, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Feb. 11, 2000, http://chronicle.com/free/v46/i23/23a00101.htm
Region IV Education Service Center, Houston, TX